What's been up to FedoraNEWS.ORG?

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoranews.org
Fri Aug 25 23:40:28 UTC 2006

As we have reached our 60th Issue[1] of Fedora Weekly News, I thought it would be a good
time to look back what's been up to FedoraNEWS.ORG for next few month.

Looking back, it's been quite a journey for FedoraNEWS.ORG when it was first launched on
2003-11-09[2]. It started as my personal web site where I publish notes I took as I
explore Fedora Core 1. Since then, the site has changed its face a few times from HTML
to WordPress then WikiMedia and now Drupal. Our weekly newsletter Fedora Weekly News is
now being translated in 8 different languages including English, French, German,
Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Korean, Serbian and we're even offering Podcast in English
and French!

What a remarkable accomplishment you might say. To tell you the truth, there were times
when I wake up middle of the night to start the article and finish it well after 4 in
the morning and asking myself why am I doing this? Does this ever end? When will be a
good time to take a break?  A perfect time has come.

Beginning Monday August 28th until Sunday October 1st, FedoraNEWS.ORG will be taking a
long vacation. It's time for us (me and my wife) to give full attention to our unborn
baby and soon-to-be new member of Fedora Community. :)

[1] http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Weekly_News_Issue_60
[2] http://fedoranews.org/tchung/howto/2003-11-09-yum-intro.shtml

Best Regards,
--