FC6 Test2 Freeze Slip

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jul 19 02:36:50 UTC 2006

With the update to a 2.6.18-rc based kernel, Xen requires some more
effort to get to working.  Given that Xen is one of the big features for
Fedora Core 6, trying to ship the second test release (and thus the
feature freeze) without Xen seems like a less than ideal situation.

Therefore, after discussion within the Fedora Board, we have decided to
slip the freeze for test2 until Xen is working again with current
kernels.  Based on current estimates, it looks like this should
hopefully be Monday, 24 July.  We'll continue to provide updates as more
information is available.

Jeremy