Fedora Core package cleanup project

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Fri May 12 21:42:00 UTC 2006

I'm announcing the start of a new QA project, and I'm asking for your
help.

In the past, Core packages have not been held to the same standards as
Extras. We want to fix this! We're starting by cleaning up the spec
files so that Core packages can all be built using Mock. (If you aren't
familiar with Mock, it's a cool RPM build tool that we use to build
Fedora Extras.)

This is where you come in: We need people to attempt Mock builds of
Fedora Core packages, and file bugs when they find packages that don't
build.

Doing so will earn you the thanks and respect of your peers, but as an
added incentive we're going to give away free stuff (!) to people who
help out.

Filing a bug on a broken package will earn you one Karma Point. If you
include a patch that makes that package build successfully, you'll get
five Karma Points. These will be redeemable for cool stuff from the Red
Hat Cool Stuff Store (at an exchange rate to be determined once we
figure out how much stuff we're actually allowed to give away :)

For more info, check out:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/FixBuildRequires

Ok? OK! Let's get testin'!

-w