Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Jesse Keating jkeating at
Mon Oct 16 21:26:23 UTC 2006

Over the weekend we ran into a few more bugs with Fedora Core 6 that we 
decided were important enough to fix.  There were some multilib compose 
issues (wrong packages landing in the wrong dirs), some translation files 
that would cause tracebacks in things like anaconda (whoops), and a 
fedora-release package that forgot to enable updates (double whoops).  For 
these reasons and a few others, we decided to respin the release candidate 
tree and push the release date out another couple of days.

The current plan is to spin a release candidate this evening with some last 
minute fixes, and start the sync.  Validation has gone very well up to this 
point and baring any blow ups in the spin process, the release looks very 
solid.  We're planning to release on Thursday Oct 19th.  This should give the 
mirrors enough days to sync up.  If things blow up horribly and we have to 
spin again tomorrow, depending on what time we have to respin we may slip 
until next week, as releasing on Fridays or Mondays gets you the wrath of the 
mirror admins (:

I want to thank you all for playing along and helping us to make FC6 the best 
release yet!

Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the fedora-announce-list mailing list