Fedora Unity announces Fedora 8 Re-Spin

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Dec 23 22:11:39 UTC 2007

The Fedora Unity Project is proud to announce the release of new ISO
Re-Spins (DVD and CD Sets) of Fedora 8. These Re-Spin ISOs are based on
the officially released Fedora 8 installation media and include all
updates released as of December 18th, 2007. The ISO images are available
for i386 and x86_64 architectures via jigdo starting Sunday, December
23rd, 2007.

We have included CD Image sets for those in the Fedora community that do
not have DVD drives or burners available.

With this particular Re-Spin, we address the following problems
experienced by many community members:

- #372011, "depsolve hang in F7 to F8 upgrade"
We have incorporated the updates image made by Jeremy Katz (comment #11
in the bug), and we have verified that a full Fedora 7 installation
upgrades to Fedora 8 without issues.

- #367731, "anaconda fails on Via VPSD motherboard"
On i586 hardware, the installation media wouldn't boot and thus renders
itself unusable. We have backported the fix for this issue from anaconda
development to the Fedora 8 stock anaconda, as anaconda is not updated
during a release.

- #369611, "yum upgrade with selinux-policy-strict installed fails"
A dependency problem in selinux-policy-strict during upgrades is
resolved in an updated selinux-policy-strict package, which is included
in the Re-Spin

- #404601, "anaconda crashes on 'cdrom' line in kickstart"
Updates to pykickstart incorporated in the rebuilt installer resolve
this issue.

These are some of the bugs brought to our attention, which you can do by
sending a message to me directly, or other Fedora Unity team members in
the #fedora-unity channel on IRC.

Fedora Unity has taken up the Re-Spin task to provide the community with
the chance to install Fedora with recent updates already included. These
updates might otherwise comprise more than 1.33GiB of downloads for a
full install.  This is a community project, for and by the community.
You can contribute to the community by joining our test process.

A full list of bugs, packages and changelogs that have been updated in
this Re-Spin can be reviewed on
http://spins.fedoraunity.org/changelogs/20071218/

If you are interested in helping with the testing or mirroring efforts,
please contact the Fedora Unity team.  Contact information is available
at http://fedoraunity.org/ or the #fedora-unity channel on the Freenode
IRC Network (irc.freenode.net).

Go to http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins to get the bits!

To report bugs in the Re-Spins please use http://bugs.fedoraunity.org/