Seth Vidal and Toshio Kuratomi joining Red Hat

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed May 9 17:15:12 UTC 2007

Fedorans,

Another day, another email to fedora-announce-list from me.

As those of you who read this list may remember, back when we announced
the hiring of Mike McGrath as the Fedora Infrastructure Leader, the part
of that announcement that made me most happy was that we were able to hire
folks who were already well-established Fedora contributors to continue
their Fedora work full time, and earn a Red Hat paycheck doing it.

Well, I'm equally happy to announce today that both Seth Vidal and Toshio
Kuratomi have accepted jobs at Red Hat.

Now I'm make them both blush a little bit by talking a bit about their
contributions to Fedora.

Seth has been a Fedora contributor since the beginning.  He is a member of
the Fedora Project Board.  When I started my job with the Fedora Project
15 months ago, Seth was one of the guys who I was encouraged to talk to
frequently, and pay attention to what he says.  Seth has also been known
to write some code from time to time.  He leads the development of yum,
and will continue to do some from within Red Hat.  He is very active in
the Fedora Infrastructure project.  He has contributed significantly to
the code that makes the Fedora build system work.  I don't think there is
any question that Seth is one of the true leaders within Fedora.  People
seem to think he works for Red Hat already, and so we're glad to eliminate
that point of confusion also.  :-)

Toshio is a rock-star programmer.  Similar to Seth, he's been a Fedora
contributor for several years.  He's been a member of the Fedora Extras
Steering Committee.  He's worked closely with the Fedora Infrastrucutre
team on projects like the package database, and a lot of the work that
Fedora is doing with TurboGears.  Toshio has worked on the Fedora Account
System, and is basically the lead developer for the Fedora Infrastructure
team.  He cranks out really good code, and it's a great boon for Red Hat
to have him full time.  As a signing bonus, I have set aside the LAST PAIR
of Fedora flip flops that exists for the next time I see him.

Congrats to both Seth and Toshio.  Back to work, now!  :-)

--
Max Spevack
+ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack