Cooperative Bug Isolation for Fedora 8

Ben Liblit liblit at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 16 22:19:28 UTC 2007

The Cooperative Bug Isolation Project (CBI) is now available for Fedora
8.  CBI (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/) is an ongoing research effort to
find and fix bugs in the real world.  We distribute specially modified
versions of popular open source software packages.  These special
versions monitor their own behavior while they run, and report back how
they work (or how they fail to work) in the hands of real users like
you.  Even if you've never written a line of code in your life, you can
help make things better for everyone simply by using our special
bug-hunting packages.

We currently offer instrumented versions of Evolution, The GIMP, GNOME
Panel, Gnumeric, Nautilus, Pidgin, Rhythmbox, and SPIM.  Download at
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/>.  We support yum, apt, and many
other RPM updater tools; see
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/repo-config.html> for customized
configuration help for any of our supported distributions and updater
tools.  Or just download and install
<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cbi/downloads/rpm/fedora-8-i386/RPMS.tools/cbi-package-config-8-9.i386.rpm>
to automatically configure most popular RPM updaters to use the CBI
repository.

It's that easy!  Tell your friends!  Tell your neighbors!  The more of
you there are, the more bugs we can find.

We still offer CBI packages for Fedora 1/2/4/5/6/7 as well.  When and if
you decide to upgrade to Fedora 8, we'll be ready for you.  Until then,
your participation remains valuable even on older distributions.

-- Dr. Ben, the CBI guy