Announcing Fedora 10 Alpha!
jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 5 14:38:49 UTC 2008
In an ongoing effort to prevent premature kitten death, the Fedora
Project is ecstatic to present the availability of Fedora 10 (Cambridge)
Alpha. Test now, make it better now, keep Cambridge on schedule, and
protect the kittens in the future.
The Alpha release provides the first opportunity for the wider community
to become involved with the testing of rawhide:
* Alpha represents a sanitized snapshot of rawhide, Fedora's
development branch, which undergoes rapid changes before
becoming the next major release.
* The Alpha should boot on the majority of systems, and provides:
* A look at what new features are to be included in the
* A way to provide feedback and bug reports to help ensure
that the next release is as good as possible
Fedora 10 features
Some highlights of Fedora 10 Alpha:
* Many improvements, bugfixes, and enhancements from upstream
* New graphical boot environment
* Wireless connection sharing
* Audio improvements to remove glitches
* Security audit tool
* Improved webcam support
* Better IR remote control support
* RPM 4.6
For more information:
What to test
Test status is being tracked here:
Check out this page before reporting problems, including looking through
the bug trackers as linked on that page.
For a more detailed list of installation tests:
Get the Alpha
The Alpha release is available both through the mirroring system and via
For direct http access to a local mirror:
For a list of mirrors carrying the content and the various protocols
To find ways you can help and participate, visit:
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the fedora-announce-list