Outage Notification - 2008-12-05 18:00 UTC

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 14:07:44 UTC 2008

There will be an outage starting at 2008-12-05 18:00 UTC, which will last
approximately 12 hours.  During this time systems may be unavailable.
Though any service disruption should be small with the exception of a 1 to
2 hour total outage of almost all services towards the end of this window.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
or run:

date -d '2008-12-05 18:00 UTC'

Affected Services:

Buildsystem
CVS / Source Control
Database
Fedora Hosted
Fedora Talk
Mail
Mirror System
Translation Services
Websites

Unaffected Services:

DNS
Torrent
Fedora People

Ticket Link:

Reason for Outage:

We'll be doing a switch upgrade as well as a number of system updates and
re-cabling.  We'll also be removing old hardware to install some new. This
outage window is very large instead of writing out many smaller outages I
thought it best just to make one large window.  The longest outage should
last 1 to 2 hours.  The shorter ones will likely not be noticeable to most
users.

We'll work hard to keep outages as short as possible.  If all goes
according to plan there the primary website (non wiki) and mirrors site
will not go down as they have built in redundancy.  Everything else needs
access to various databases in our datacenter and their connectivity will
be interrupted.

Contact Information:

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or respond to this email to
track the status of this outage.