Fedora Weekly News Issue 122

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 3 11:03:13 UTC 2008

= Fedora Weekly News Issue 122 =

Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 122 for the week of February 25th,
2008. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue122

In Announcements, we have "Fedora Board IRC meeting 2008-03-04".

In Fedora Marketing, we have "Banners for Interviews", "Network
Manager Interview", "New Fedora Chair plans to remove obstacles for
volunteers" and many more.

To join or give us your feedback, please visit
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewsProject/Join.

   1. Announcements
         1. Fedora Board IRC meeting 2008-03-04
   2. Marketing
         1. Banners for Interviews
         2. Network Manager Interview
         3. Fedora NPO founded at FOSDEM in Bruxelles
         4. Beta Freeze Release Overview
         5. Beta Freeze Release Notes
         6. New Fedora Chair plans to remove obstacles for volunteers
         7. SELinux Article: Seatbelt for Software
         8. X.Org 7.4 Release Planning
         9. Fedora on the Final Frontier
        10. Meeting on Fedora Marketing Plan
   3. Ambassadors
         1. Fedora EMEA Founded at FOSDEM
         2. Fedora Ambassadors Will Be At OpenExpo 2008
         3. Northeastern University Speaking Engagement Report
         4. Chemnitzer LinuxTage 2008 Reports
         5. FAmSCo Summary
   4. Advisory Board
         1. What Defines A Fedora Spin?
   5. Documentation
         1. Welcome Email
   6. Artwork
         1. Multi-resolution backgrounds
         2. Which color is Fedora?
         3. Themes development
   7. Daily Package
         1. Planet - Feed aggregator
         2. Autotrace - Convert bitmaps to Vector graphics
         3. How does Pulseaudio start?
         4. lshw-gui - Browse hardware info
         5. Quarry - Multi-purpose game board
   8. Security Advisories
         1. Fedora 8 Security Advisories
         2. Fedora 7 Security Advisories
   9. Events and Meetings
         1. Fedora Board Meeting Minutes 2008-02-26
         2. Fedora Community Architecture Meeting 2008-02-25
         3. Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee Meeting (Log) 2008-02-29
         4. Fedora Marketing Meeting (Log) 2008-02-28
         5. Fedora Documentation Steering Committee Meeting (Log) 2008-02-27
         6. Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Meeting 2008-02-28
         7. Fedora Infrastructure Meeting (Log) 2008-02-28
         8. Fedora Release Engineering Meeting 2008-02-25
         9. Fedora Bug Zappers Meeting 2008-MM-DD
        10. Fedora SIG EPEL Report Week 09/2008
        11. Fedora SIG KDE Meeting 2008-02-26
        12. Fedora SIG Store Meeting (Log) 2008-02-27

[[Anchor(Announcements)]]
== Announcements ==

In this section, we cover announcements from Fedora Project.

Contributing Writer: ThomasChung

=== Fedora Board IRC meeting 2008-03-04 ===

PaulFrields announces in fedora-announce-list[1],

"The Fedora Board will hold an IRC meeting on Tuesday, 4 March 2008,
at 1900 UTC (2:00pm EST, 11:00am PST). This meeting will NOT be held
in #fedora-meeting, since it is being used by the community at that
time."

"Because we hope for a large turnout, this setup promotes an orderly
process when the Board takes questions or open issues.  The length of
the Q&A will depend on availability of the Board members and interest
from the community."

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-March/msg00000.html

[[Anchor(Marketing)]]
== Marketing ==

In this section, we cover Fedora Marketing Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

Contributing Writer: JohnBabich

=== Banners for Interviews ===

MikeMcGrath informs [1] "We've got a generic banner that can easily be
edited with interviewers name and put into the rotation, if someones
interested in doing that (and coming up with other ads for the banner
links) stop by the fedora-websites-list and we'll get you setup."

JonathanRoberts replies [2] "I was already a step ahead of you here :)
I've the sources of the generic interview banner and will be posting
it for use everytime a new interview comes up. Is the websites list
the best place to drop these when I've got them done?"

Mike responds [3] "You can do that, if you want to get the middle man
out of the way you can apply for the sysadmin and sysadmin-web groups.
 That will give you access to alter the banners directly."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00418.html

[2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00421.html

[3] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00423.html

=== Network Manager Interview ===

JonathanRoberts announces [1] that "a new interview is up. This time it's
with Dan Williams [2] and all about the cool new NetworkManager features
that are going to be landing in Rawhide in the coming weeks and months..."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00422.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/DanWilliams

=== Fedora NPO founded at FOSDEM in Bruxelles ===

Gerold Kassube announces [1]

"Dear *,

it is a great pleasure for us to share with you the official
announcement of the Fedora EMEA NPO as you can read below:

The idea of improving the way in which Fedora is supported started in
2006, and has been given shape and carefully prepared during the
following year. On February 23rd, 2008, conform German Law and
established in the German district Lörrach, 10 active members of the
European Fedora Community founded a non-profit association called
"Fedora EMEA e.V.".

This foundation increases the possibilities to inform a broader mass
about the Fedora Project and forms a focal point and economic base for
Fedora Project supporters. For companies and other organizations, the
Fedora Project supporters are now organized in a solid, efficient and
transparent way. The foundation reports to the Fedora Project
regularly.

As President of the Board, the members elected Gerold Kassube
(Germany), long-time member of the Fedora Ambassador Team. The members
also elected  Jeroen van Meeuwen (The Netherlands), and Fabian
Affolter (Switzerland) to become the organization's Vice-Presidents,
and trusted Robert Scheck (Germany) to manage the foundations assets.

In just a few weeks, during LinuxTag 2008 in Germany, the foundation
has it's first General Members Assembly. Because all parties involved
still have a lot of work to do, the necessary information to support
the organization and membership subscription forms will become
available online in the near future.

On behalf of the Board

Gerold Kassube"

PaulFrields, the new Fedora Project Leader, congratulates [2] the
Fedora EMEA NPO and adds that

"In the future, possibly before the release of Fedora 10, the Board
will begin accepting additional applications from groups that have
reached this advanced stage of planning.  We are using Fedora EMEA as
a pilot to figure out a framework for enabling additional worldwide
communities. We chose Fedora EMEA specifically because this group had
already achieved a very high level of organization, community
interest, and command of the details surrounding funding and legality
in their region.

I would urge any additional groups that are considering formation to
reach a similar state of readiness by that time.  The Board wants to
ensure that Fedora's community groups worldwide develop consistently,
and with proper resources to enable their success."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00420.html

[2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00435.html

=== Beta Freeze Release Overview ===

JonathanRoberts puts forth [1] "the beta freeze is coming soon (next
week according the e-mail I just saw!) and so I'm thinking we really
need to start work on the release overview. If you want to start
filling out and updating  that would be really super awesome!"

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00433.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/SingleSourceSummary

=== Beta Freeze Release Notes ===

Jonathan continues [1] on a related topic: "OK all, I've copied the
content from the Alpha Release Notes...so that we can begin updating
it for the Beta release [2]."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00483.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Releases/9/Beta/ReleaseNotes

=== New Fedora Chair plans to remove obstacles for volunteers ===

RahulSundaram notifies [1] us of an article about the new Fedora
Project Leader [2]: ""The job is to remove obstacles in the way of the
community," says Paul W. Frields, speaking about his new position as
Fedora Chair. After only a few weeks in the position, Frields is still
learning his way around and getting to know his colleagues, but
already this vision is a common refrain in his comments, underlying
all his comments about what he hopes the Fedora project will achieve
while he is coordinating its efforts."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00439.html

[2] http://www.linux.com/feature/127802

=== SELinux Article: Seatbelt for Software ===

RahulSundaram spots [1] "An extensive report on the real world
advantages of SELinux [2]. A must read if you care about security (and
you should)."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00419.html

[2] http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/022408-selinux.html

=== X.Org 7.4 Release Planning ===

The ever-vigilant RahulSundaram finds [1] this article [2] on
AdamJackson: "With Red Hat's Adam Jackson being interested in shipping
X.Org 7.4 for Fedora 9, he has stepped up as becoming the release
manager of this next X.Org release and has put together a schedule
that will allow this to become possible. "

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00441.html

[2] http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjM2MA

=== Fedora on the Final Frontier ===

Going where no man has gone before, RahulSundaram explores [1] his
posting [2] to OSNews, publicizing JackAboutboul's visit [3] to NASA's
Kennedy Space Center.

JohnBabich notes [4] This story has...1,063 diggs, as of 11:00 hrs UTC
today [29 February 2008]...Conclusion: People like this kind of
story!"

Note: There were 1,361 diggs, as of 2100 Hrs UTC, 2 March, making this
the most popular Fedora article on Digg of all time.

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00469.html

[2] http://www.osnews.com/story/19405/Fedora_on_the_Final_Frontier

[3] http://jaboutboul.blogspot.com/2008/02/fedora-on-final-frontier.html

[4] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00480.html

=== Meeting on Fedora Marketing Plan ===

GregDeKoenigsberg, Community Development Manager, summarizes [1] the
meeting on the topic of developing a Fedora marketing plan:

"John Adams, of the Red Hat Brand team, has provided us with a
template of what a full Marketing Plan looks like. That templates
lives on the Fedora wiki [2]. We've dramatically simplified our task
list to focus on fleshing out a full marketing plan for Fedora based
on this skeleton. The task list, with owners, can be found here [3]:

Over the next week, the owners of key sections of this Marketing Plan
will be asking questions, making proposals, and filling this plan in,
bit by bit.

If someone asks a question of you on-list -- like "I think that our
target audience for press releases should be X, Y, and Z" -- PLEASE
RESPOND. You're on this mailing list because you care about the
marketing of Fedora, so please take this opportunity to express your
opinions. You folks *are* Fedora. We need to hear you.

Next week we will convene on IRC once again to see what progress we've
made. Details:

Time:	Thursday, March 6, 2000 GMT/UTC (3pm Eastern US)
IRC:	irc.freenode.net, #fedora-mktg

Thanks to all of today's participants. It's been a while since I led
an IRC meeting, and this one was extremely worthwhile. Let's keep the
momentum going."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-February/msg00474.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/MarketingPlan

[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Tasks

[[Anchor(Ambassadors)]]
== Ambassadors ==

In this section, we cover Fedora Ambassadors Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

Contributing Writer: JeffreyTadlock

=== Fedora EMEA Founded at FOSDEM ===

GeroldKassube announced [1] the founding of the Fedora EMEA while at
FOSDEM.  The goal of the organization is to "...inform a broader mass
about the Fedora Project and forms a focal point and economic base for
Fedora Project supporters ..."  in the EMEA region.  Additional
information regarding the Fedora EMEA is also available in the wiki
[2].

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-February/msg00204.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EMEA

=== Fedora Ambassadors Will Be At OpenExpo 2008 ===

FabianAffolter announced on the Ambassadors list [1] that Fedora will
have a presence at OpenExpo 2008 in Berne, Switzerland on March 12th
and 13th.  Additional details about the event are in the wiki [2] and
on the Open Expo site [3].  If you are in the area, be sure to drop by
the booth and meet some of the Fedora Ambassadors.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-February/msg00238.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/OpenExpo/OpenExpo2008_Berne

[3] http://www.openexpo.ch/openexpo-2008-bern/

=== Northeastern University Speaking Engagement Report ===

JesseKeating posted [1] to the Ambassadors list a report from a recent
talk he had given at Northeastern University.  There were
approximately thirty students in attendance for the talk.  Jesse
covered several topics including a brief history on Linux and GNU, a
comparison between today's distributions, a look at the Fedora build
process and a question answer period.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-February/msg00232.html

=== Chemnitzer LinuxTage 2008 Reports ===

JoergSimon has posted several reports [1-5] on the CLT08 event this
weekend.  Don't miss his reports posted to the Ambassador list and on
his blog posts with pictures covering the preparation for the event
and news from the event itself.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-February/msg00252.html

[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-March/msg00008.html

[3] http://kitall.blogspot.com/2008/02/clt08-preparation.html

[4] http://kitall.blogspot.com/2008/02/clt08-preparation-part-2.html

[5] http://kitall.blogspot.com/2008/03/clt08-stormy-day-1.html

=== FAmSCo Summary ===

Work is starting to pick up for FAmSCo starting with a new budget for
the year.  Expect to see more announcements to the Ambassadors mailing
list once FAmSCo gets some of the logistics worked out.  We have more
money budgeted for events this year than in previous years thank to
the hard work of MaxSpevack.  If you have an event coming up be sure
to add it to the Fedora Events page [1] so we are aware of it.

FAmSCo has also been working on determining a good way to gather
reports from the events to help create some metrics to justify the
increased budget.  FAmSCo is still determining what types of data we
need to gather and how a standardized report should look.  FAmSCo will
announce the results of these talks to the Ambassadors mailing list.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/

[[Anchor(AdvisoryBoard)]]
== Advisory Board ==

In this section, we cover discussion in Fedora Advisory Board.

Contributing Writer: MichaelLarabel

=== What Defines A Fedora Spin? ===

JoshBoyer, on behalf of rel-eng, has asked the fedora-advisory-board
what warrants an official Fedora spin. His question comes with 14
different Fedora spins currently being considered and the massive disk
space each would consume, while the package variation between each
spin is generally minimal. Of course, there are also other factors
involved with each spin such as testing and the bandwidth to serve
these additional files. Specifically, Josh had questioned the need for
localized Fedora spins. There is a variety of feedback to this
question, which can be found in the mailing list[1].

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-February/msg00201.html

[[Anchor(Documentation)]]
== Documentation ==

In this section, we cover the Fedora Documentation Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Contributing Writer: JohnBabich

=== Welcome Email ===

MikeMcGrath challenges [1] "Hey docs people!  I'm working on FAS2 [2],
its getting real close.  I was wondering if someone would draft up
what they want the welcome email to say when people sign up for an
account for the first time.  Something to
encourage them and help them through the process of what to do after
the cla is signed.

Joining the Fedora Project is like walking into IKEA the first time.  Lets
try to ease that :)"

JonathanRoberts rises [3] to the challenge, saying "Urm...this is
maybe a bit longer than you had in mind? But you might like it".

Ever the gentlemen, Mike responds [4] "thanks..."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-February/msg00147.html

[2] FAS2 is the new Fedora Accounting System, see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem2 for more
details

[3] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-February/msg00149.html

[4] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-February/msg00150.html

[[Anchor(Artwork)]]
== Artwork ==

In this section, we cover Fedora Artwork Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork

Contributing Writer: NicuBuculei

=== Multi-resolution backgrounds ===

MatthiasClasen ping[1] the Art team about a new small but awesome
features which just landed in Rawhide: multi-resolution animated
backgrounds. So now we can define a background wallpaper in a XML and
it can not only adjust its image according with the time (for example
to reflect the daylight like in F8), but it can also pick the best
suited image size, without the need for manual adjustment from the
user.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00206.html

=== Which color is Fedora? ===

Following the context of one particular theme proposal for Fedora 9
and its color variations, MartinSourada express his concern[1] about
using another color than the traditional blue in Fedora themes: "As
for the issue of being it blue, well, I don't like very much the idea
of having different colour wallpaper than blue, not only because I
like blue [...], but mostly because I, and many other people, have
Fedora already associated with blue. Yeah, we can experiment with
other colours as well, but as far as we don't want to confuse people
we need blue to be the main colour."

NicuBuculei backs this[2]: "I think blue should be *at least* partly
used, so It could be gray with some secondary blue elements. [...]
Ubuntu is brown, SUSE is green, Fedora is blue", MairinDuffy
consider[3] the user feed-back from users which tend to favor a grey
tone this round and comes with and idea for a nice blue touch.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00194.html

[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00159.html

[3] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00216.html

=== Themes development ===

With Round 3 deadline next week[1], the two remaining themes for
Fedora 9 get final touches:

 * LuyaTshimbalanga updates F9 Themes Shoowa[6] with a smooth, curvy
variant[2], a change welcomed by JeffSpaleta

 * In the meantime, F9 Themes Sulfuric Waves[7] is on fire
(literally). MairinDuffy add a shade of blue in the form of fire over
the yellow sulfur crystals[3], NicuBuculei[4] and JeffSpaleta[5] play
with their own variants is something which looks like converging to a
consensus.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00233.html

[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00243.html

[3] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00225.html

[4] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00231.html

[5] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-February/msg00247.html

[6] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Shoowa

[7] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Waves

[[Anchor(DailyPackage)]]
== Daily Package ==

In this section, we recap the packages that have been highlighted as a
Fedora Daily Package.

http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com/

Contributing Writer: ChrisTyler

=== Planet - Feed aggregator ===

''Productive Mondays'' highlight a timesaving tool. This Monday[1] we
covered Planet[2]:

"Planet is a feed aggregator which assembles multiple RSS or Atom
newsfeeds into a single web page and feed, like Planet Fedora, Planet
Gnome, or Planet KDE."

[1] http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com/index.php?/archives/170-Productive-Monday-Planet-Feed-aggregator.html

[2] http://planetplanet.org/

=== Autotrace - Convert bitmaps to Vector graphics ===

''Artsy Tuesdays'' highlight a graphics, video, or sound application.
This Tuesday[1] Autotrace[2] was featured:

"autotrace ... is a command-line utility that can accept a wide range
of bitmap input formats and produce output in several vector formats
including scalable vector graphics (svg), encapsulated Postscript
(eps), portable data format (pdf), and Adobe Illustrator (ai) format."

[1] http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com/index.php?/archives/171-Artsy-Tuesday-Autotrace-Convert-bitmaps-to-Vector-graphics.html

[2] http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

=== How does Pulseaudio start? ===

This week's ''Wednesday Why'' article[1] discussed how the Pulseaudio
daemon is started as part of a Gnome desktop session. None of the
gnome-session configuration files mention the Pulseaudio daemon, but
it reliably starts whenever Gnome starts, and the output of 'ps' shows
gnome-session to be its parent. The answer to this mystery lies in the
relationship between gnome-session and the legacy esound daemon.

[1] http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com/index.php?/archives/172-Wednesday-Why-How-does-Pulseaudio-start.html

=== lshw-gui - Browse hardware info ===

''GUI Thursdays'' highlight software that provides, enhances, or
effectively uses a GUI interface. This Thursday[1], lshw-gui[2] was
discussed:

"Fedora offers many tools for viewing detailed hardware information,
including lsusb, lspci, hdparm, and direct access to the /proc and
/sys filesystems. ... lshw-gui provides a convenient graphical
interface into this rich source of information, enabling you to easily
drill down into the specific details of each subsystem and device."

[1] http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com/index.php?/archives/173-GUI-Thursday-lshw-gui-Browse-hardware-info.html

[2] http://ezix.org/project/wiki/HardwareLiSter

=== Quarry - Multi-purpose game board ===

''Friday Fun'' highlights fun, interesting, and amusing programs. This
Friday[1], we took a look at Quarry[2]:

"Quarry is a multi-purpose graphical game board for playing Go,
Amazons, or Reversi. By itself, it permits users to play against each
other, but the addition of GTP (game text protocol) game engines such
as gnugo or grhino enables play against the computer."

[1] http://dailypackage.fedorabook.com/index.php?/archives/174-Friday-Fun-Quarry-Multi-purpose-game-board.html

[2] http://home.gna.org/quarry/

[[Anchor(SecurityAdvisories)]]
== Security Advisories ==

In this section, we cover Security Advisories from fedora-package-announce.

Contributing Writer: ThomasChung

=== Fedora 8 Security Advisories ===

 * cups-1.3.6-2.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00792.html
 * sword-1.5.10-2.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00806.html
 * wyrd-1.4.3b-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00841.html
 * dnssec-tools-1.3.2-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00845.html
 * kvm-60-2.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00850.html
 * qemu-0.9.0-6.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00852.html
 * xen-3.1.2-2.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00900.html
 * thunderbird-2.0.0.12-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00905.html
 * dbus-1.1.2-9.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00911.html
 * horde-3.1.6-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00925.html
 * imp-4.1.6-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00926.html
 * turba-2.1.7-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00927.html
 * viewvc-1.0.5-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00030.html

=== Fedora 7 Security Advisories ===

 * sword-1.5.10-2.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00769.html
 * dnssec-tools-1.3.2-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00820.html
 * wyrd-1.4.3b-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00825.html
 * kvm-36-8.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00830.html
 * cups-1.2.12-9.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00832.html
 * qemu-0.9.0-4.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00857.html
 * horde-3.1.6-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00887.html
 * turba-2.1.7-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00888.html
 * imp-4.1.6-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00889.html
 * dbus-1.0.2-7.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00893.html
 * thunderbird-2.0.0.12-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00946.html
 * xen-3.1.2-2.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-February/msg00957.html
 * viewvc-1.0.5-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00019.html

[[Anchor(EventsMeetings)]]
== Events and Meetings ==

In this section, we cover event reports and meeting summaries from
various Projects and SIGs.

Contributing Writer: ThomasChung

=== Fedora Board Meeting Minutes 2008-02-26 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-02-26

=== Fedora Community Architecture Meeting 2008-02-25 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityArchitecture/Meetings/2008-02-25

=== Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee Meeting (Log) 2008-02-29 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/2008-02-29

=== Fedora Marketing Meeting (Log) 2008-02-28 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Meetings/Minutes/IRCLog20080228

=== Fedora Documentation Steering Committee Meeting (Log) 2008-02-27 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/Minutes/IRCLog20080227

=== Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Meeting 2008-02-28 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20080228

=== Fedora Infrastructure Meeting (Log) 2008-02-28 ===

 * https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2008-February/msg00188.html

=== Fedora Release Engineering Meeting 2008-02-25 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-feb-25

=== Fedora Bug Zappers Meeting 2008-MM-DD ===

 * No Report

=== Fedora SIG EPEL Report Week 09/2008  ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Reports/Week09

=== Fedora SIG KDE Meeting 2008-02-26 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-02-26

=== Fedora SIG Store Meeting (Log) 2008-02-27 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Store/Meetings/2008-02-27

--
Thomas Chung