Fedora Weekly News Issue 123

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 10 09:02:28 UTC 2008

= Fedora Weekly News Issue 123 =

Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 123 for the week of March 3rd, 2008.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue123

In Planet Fedora, we have "Bonnie in Laurinburg", "RSS feeds of
bugs!", "Howto: Test the WebKit engine in Fedora" and "Hints for
making Evolution faster"

In Fedora Marketing, we have "Interview with Max Spevack and Paul
Frields", "Linux Powers The Spiderwick Chronicles", "Name for Fedora
Compute Grid Project", "ext4 Implementation Interview" and many more.

We are always looking for more writers to help us deliver timely
information to the Fedora community.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewsProject/Join.

   1. Planet Fedora
         1. Bonnie in Laurinburg
         2. RSS feeds of bugs!
         3. Howto: Test the WebKit engine in Fedora
         4. Hints for making Evolution faster
   2. Marketing
         1. Interview with Max Spevack and Paul Frields
         2. Linux Powers The Spiderwick Chronicles
         3. Name for Fedora Compute Grid Project
         4. The Effects of Commercialization on Open-source Communities
         5. Recap of Fedora Marketing Meeting on 6 March
         6. Some Marketing Tips from Linux Magazine
         7. ext4 Implementation Interview
   3. Ambassadors
         1. North and South America Ambassador Meeting
         2. Help Wanted: NOTACON 5 - Cleveland, Ohio
         3. FAmSCo Summary
   4. Advisory Board
         1. Reinforcing MP3 Patent Issues As A Global Problem
         2. LWN Subscriptions Setup
   5. Documentation
         1. Beta Release Notes
         2. SMG in CVS, ready for post-DocBook conversion edit
         3. Meeting with RH Docs
   6. Artwork
         1. The Fedora logo in Black and White
         2. Continual theme development
   7. Security Week
         1. Improve security with polyinstantiation
         2. Evolution or Intelligent Design?
   8. Security Advisories
         1. Fedora 8 Security Advisories
         2. Fedora 7 Security Advisories
   9. Events and Meetings
         1. Fedora Board Meeting Minutes 2008-03-04
         2. Fedora Community Architecture Meeting 2008-03-03
         3. Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee Meeting (Log) 2008-03-07
         4. Fedora Marketing Meeting 2008-03-06
         5. Fedora Documentation Steering Committee Meeting 2008-03-05
         6. Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Meeting 2008-03-06
         7. Fedora Infrastructure Meeting (Log) 2008-03-06
         8. Fedora Release Engineering Meeting 2008-03-03
         9. Fedora Quality Assurance Meeting 2008-03-05
        10. Fedora Bug Zappers Meeting 2008-03-05
        11. Fedora SIG EPEL Report Week 10/2008
        12. Fedora SIG KDE Meeting 2008-03-04

(Section 1)
== Planet Fedora ==

In this section, we cover a highlight of Planet Fedora - an
aggregation of blogs from world wide Fedora contributors.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Planet

Contributing Writers: ThomasChung

=== Bonnie in Laurinburg ===

AlexMaier points out in her blog[1],

"Both car and driver survived the two-day event mostly unscathed,
which can't be said about a whole bunch of cones we hit. Here you see
Bonnie sporting the numbers and the Fedora sponsorship on the second
day. Click on the picture to see a few more from the set."

[1] http://statelessimmigrant.blogspot.com/2008/03/bonnie-in-laurinburg.html

=== RSS feeds of bugs! ===

JonStanley points out in his blog[1],

"Just figured that I'd point out here that to assist in bug triage,
I've made some Feedburner feeds of new Bugzilla bugs - a shout out to
Bill Nottingham for giving me the idea."

[1] http://jons-thoughts.blogspot.com/2008/03/rss-feeds-of-bugs.html

=== Howto: Test the WebKit engine in Fedora ===

RolandWolters points out in his blog[1],

"WebKit is a browser engine which was once forked from KHTML by Apple.
Nowadays it is developed by the WebKit project where Apple still has
quite some weight, but others are in the boat as well: Trolltech,
Nokia, Adobe, some KDE developers, some GNOME developers, etc.
Besides, WebKit will be part of the upcoming Qt 4.4, will play an
important role in KDE's Plasma and can also be used as a backend in
GNOME's Epiphany browser."

[1] http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/03/04/howto-test-the-webkit-engine-in-fedora/

=== Hints for making Evolution faster ===

JesseKeating points out his blog[1],

"I've had a long battle with evolution and it's speed. Particularly
opening imap folders and checking for mail. However somebody recently
clued me into a (new?) setting that has sped my evolution use up quite
a bit."

[1] http://jkeating.livejournal.com/56147.html

(Section 2)
== Marketing ==

In this section, we cover Fedora Marketing Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

Contributing Writer: JohnBabich

=== Interview with Max Spevack and Paul Frields ===

JonathanRoberts advertised [1] that he "did an interview with
MaxSpevack and PaulFrields that has gone online today. I think it
reads really well and makes the future prospects of the project sound
very exciting...You can read it here [2]"

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00014.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/FPL

=== Linux Powers The Spiderwick Chronicles ===

MohdIzharFirdaus pointed out [1] "During the production of Spiderwick,
Tippett Studio switched to Fedora Linux running on Macintosh desktops.
"We currently have 119 Intel-based Apple Mac Pro workstations running
Linux", says Tippett Computer Graphics Supervisor Russell Darling. "We
decided to go with Apple hardware running Linux for our primary artist
workstations on The Spiderwick Chronicles, although it might have been
considered a risky endeavor for a show in production. We initially had
some problems with sound on Maya and a few other minor issues, but
they were resolved. We got a patch from Autodesk that took care of
everything." Commercial Linux software vendors work closely with film
studio clients."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00018.html

=== Name for Fedora Compute Grid Project ===

KarstenWade warned [1] "Recently under discussion on f-a-b is the idea
of creating a million-node compute grid using Condor and other tools.
This might include, for example, the ability to join the grid during
firstboot. Catch up on that thread here [2]. We are suffering from a
cool name; we are in danger of calling it "Fedora Home" in the
meantime, and with one pick-up of that name in Fedora Weekly News,
someone is going to come pressing trademark rights. Shall we declare
it a codename in seek of a replacement?

What this thing is:

 * A cool piece of technology with a grid client and Fedora-run grid master

 * A way to contribute to Fedora with spare CPU cycles from your
machine(s); useful for everyone from Web surfing grandmas to kernel
hackers with quad-cores

 * A chance to create something that Fedorans can use for good projects:
   * Distributed build-system
   * Social and technical causes that match with Fedora values/ideals
   * Cool research

It's some kind of convergence, which is why it needs a cool name, right?"

JeffSpaleta offered [3] "Okay, assuming we are only going to allow
Fedora clients:
The Fedora Trellis: The 'open' grid supporting Fedora's growth.

If we are going to allow non-Fedora clients I would just call it The
Trellis [4]:

trellis (n) 1.  A structure of open latticework, especially one used
as a support for vines and other creeping plants."

PaulFrields declared [5] the name "Trellis" as the winner: "*ding ding ding*".

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00022.html

[2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00022.html

[3] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00044.html

[4] http://www.thefreedictionary.com/trellis

[5] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00047.html

=== The Effects of Commercialization on Open-source Communities ===

RahulSundaram reported [1] of an entry in Matt Asay's blog on CNET,
giving an "interesting perspective for communities with commercial
contributors including Fedora". [2]

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00023.html

[2] http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9885248-16.html

=== Recap of Fedora Marketing Meeting on 6 March ===

GregDeKoenigsberg  posted [1] that we "discussed the Marketing Plan
document and made some modifications to the copy currently on the
wiki. We discussed Target Audience and Brand Positioning, and our
current thoughts are summed up on the Plan page. [2]

We feel like Target Audience is pretty strong, but we're going to
continue to iterate over Brand Positioning. Once we have that right,
we'll move on to Key Marketing Messages, and then the rest of our
lives as a group will probably be spent refining our Strategies and
Tactics.

Productive discussions, and exciting for people who enjoy the
challenge of communicating The Big Fedora Message. Look forward to
seeing more and more join the discussion over time.

Next meeting: next Thursday [13 March], 2000 UTC. (Note to US
Americans: don't get caught by the time change! We will have the
meeting at 2000 UTC, no matter what that means after we Spring
Forward!)"

Note: The HTML IRC log for the meeting can be found here [3].

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00025.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/MarketingPlan

[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Meetings/Minutes/IRCLog20080306

=== Some Marketing Tips from Linux Magazine ===

JonathanRoberts stated [1], "I had the opportunity to ask Joe Cassad
from Linux Magazine about how they come across ideas for stories and
articles, and what Fedora can do to make it easier for them to find
stories about Fedora. The most important part of the response I got
was this

Me: In an ideal world, how would you like to go about getting
information about a project like Fedora when trying to find material
for new articles? Essentially, what can Fedora do for you to make your
job easier!?

Joe: I'm not sure where you are on this now, but one thing I have
noticed in the past is that it is difficult to get good documentation
on Fedora until after the release. If I don't get to see a detailed
description of highlights or new features until the release notes
appear, this task of finding good article topics can't start until the
release. It then takes a couple months to get an article and a couple
more months to edit and print the magazine. If there were a way to get
better
documentation before the release, that would help a lot. I don't know
if you're having to content with non-disclosure strategies here, so
maybe this isn't possible.

Me: Do you know about our Feature List [2] page?

Joe: OK. That's useful to know about. I'll watch that list. The
important part is the description. Some of these features have useful
descriptions some are not as easy to understand at a glance.

What do people think? Maybe the SSS could help us here? And the
Feature List could be promoted more/cleaned up by marketing or docs
people?

RahulSundaram replied [3] "Which descriptions don't make sense either
in the summary or after reading the specification. I think these are
fairly good descriptions considering they are essentially developer
specifications."

IanWeller opined [4] "Maybe an official news blog-type-thing, most
likely on the front page, would help get news out to other larger
Linux news sites.  (I'm not necessarily sure if this has been
attempted before already.) Are press releases also an option?"

JeffSpaleta asked [5] "How about this as a compromise....What if we
leave the feature process development driven.. but we hook in a way
for someone who is perusing the feature summaries to easily drop a
comment or a note if they want a layperson explanation.  The notes
would go to a marketing group..maybe even this list...an answer is
formulated and sent back to the person who asked the the explanation
and additionally linked in to the feature summary on the feature list
without disturbing the development oriented information there.

This might even be useful in figuring out where the next developer
interview opportunities are. Both could be used when announcements are
made about features, new alphas/betas are available, etc."

KarstenWade posited [6] "+1 ... sort of like a press inquiries
address, but offered as part of an already useful document?  That way
we are asking for targeted questions and not inviting wide-open
requests that are mainly covered in the features pages. We could also
find a way to cross-tie the SSS with specific features, so one has a
press-friendly approach and there is a reciprocating link to find the
deeper developer-oriented content."

Karsten continued [7] regarding an official news site:
"news.fedoraproject.org is in the works, mainly for just that job."
Concerning press releases, he said "Yes, but best is press.redhat.com;
it's a blog output, several of us in the Marketing SIG can post to it
as "the Fedora team", and it is watched by a growing number of
technical and other press.  It's somewhere I'd "post also", that is,
output a press release to news.fp.o and make sure a copy gets to
press.r.c."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00028.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList

[3] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00029.html

[4] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00030.html

[5] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00034.html

[6] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00045.html

[7] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00041.html

=== ext4 Implementation Interview ===

RodrigoMenezes noted [1] "a new interview is up. This time it's with
Eric Sandeen and  all about the new ext4 implementation that are going
to be landing in F9."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00031.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/EricSandeen

(Section 3)
== Ambassadors ==

In this section, we cover Fedora Ambassadors Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

Contributing Writer: JeffreyTadlock

=== North and South America Ambassador Meeting ===

The North and South America Ambassadors held their monthly meeting on
March 3rd.  If you were unable to attend the meeting the IRC log has
been posted to the Ambassador Mailing List [1] and the wiki [2].

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-March/msg00062.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Meetings/2008-03-03/HTML_Log

=== Help Wanted: NOTACON 5 - Cleveland, Ohio ===

NOTACON 5 [1] has been added to the Events Help Wanted page [2].  The
event runs April 4th through the 6th in Cleveland, Ohio.  If you are
an ambassador in the northeastern Ohio or Western Pennsylvania area
and can help organize a booth for the event please check the Events
Help Wanted page [2] or mailing list post for additional information
[3].

[1] http://www.notacon.org/

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted/Events

[3] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-March/msg00073.html

=== FAmSCo Summary ===

FAmSCo worked on the budget process to be used to obtain funds for
events.  The initial announcement email has seen its first draft and
should be posted to the Ambassadors mailing list this week.

FAmSCo drafted an informal event reporting guideline.  The event
reporting guideline will assist ambassadors with ideas of what to post
in event reports to blogs and mailing lists.  It will be posted to the
wiki and announced on the Ambassador mailing list this upcoming week.

FAmSCo has also initiated a wiki cleanup effort for the Ambassador's
section of the wiki.  There are numerous outdated pages in our section
of the wiki.  The list of pages receiving attention, which will change
over time, has been posted to the wiki [1].

The IRC meeting logs from the FAmSCo meeting on Friday, March 7th have
been posted to the Ambassador the wiki [2].

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/CleanUpPages

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/2008-03-07

(Section 4)
== Advisory Board ==

In this section, we cover discussion in Fedora Advisory Board.

Contributing Writer: MichaelLarabel

=== Reinforcing MP3 Patent Issues As A Global Problem ===

With the authorities enforcing MP3/MP4 patents at the recent CeBIT
technology trade-show in Germany, JeffSpaleta had asked[1] whether
news articles related to these media patent enforcements going on
outside of the United States should be added to the CodecBuddy Wiki
page[2]. Sharing this information from the Wiki page would re-enforce
that such patents are a global problem and not limited to the United
States. Jeff's message was greeted by a positive response.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00050.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureCodecBuddy

=== LWN Subscriptions Setup ===

For those contributors that requested a complementary LWN 10th
anniversary account, if you submitted your information prior to March
1st the account should now be setup[1]. There are still 12 available
subscriptions, which the Fedora board will look to distribute.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-March/msg00005.html

(Section 5)
== Documentation ==

In this section, we cover the Fedora Documentation Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Contributing Writer: JohnBabich

=== Beta Release Notes ===

JonathanRoberts announced [1] that "The beta release notes can be
found at [2]. I'd appreciate it if people would look over what's there
and make suggestions on list or changes to the page itself :)"

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-March/msg00011.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Beta/ReleaseNotes.

=== SMG in CVS, ready for post-DocBook conversion edit ===

KarstenWade asked [1] for help with the SMG:

"The Software Management Guide has undergone a bit of a facelift, with
these cool changes:

 * Freshly updated content written and edited by Eric 'Sparks'
Christensen; edit and wiki conversion to DocBook XML by Jared Smith

 * This checkout is in DocBook but has not been edited for proper
Fedora Docs style:
   * At least Paul and I have agreed to have review it
   * Chance to watch fedora-docs-commits to learn how and why we do stuff
   * Informative CVS commit messages guaranteed or your money back!

 * The current development version is available in CVS. [2]

 * Module in CVS moved from 'yum-software-management' to reflect new
name and focus

 * All current and old bugzilla entries for 'y-s-m' moved to 's-m-g'
   * New module owner Eric Christensen, QA eye by Jared Smith

Next Steps

1. Big XML crawl over with our Sherlockian magnifying glass

2. Approve for Fedora 9

3. Publish with Fedora 9 on [3]

How to Help with the XML Crawl

Declare to this thread which chapters you want to review; review them
and commit changes to CVS"

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-March/msg00022.html

[2] cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs/software-management-guide-devel
[This link does not work in a web browser - ed.]

[3] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/software-management-guide [This link
does not exist at present - ed.]

=== Meeting with RH Docs ===

PaulFrields talked [1] "with a couple of folks from the Red Hat
Engineering Content Services (documentation & translation) groups
tonight -- part of a weekly series of meetings, actually.  Thanks to
the kind participation of Murray Mc`Allister, we have a splendid
opportunity to see how our toolchain can fit together with Publican,
the RH Docs tool for building documentation.  There are probably a few
capabilities we have of which the RH Docs team isn't aware, and some
pain points that may require fixing as well.

I am hopeful that the developer of Publican, Jeff Fearn, will be able
to help out with looking at the FDP toolchain to explore all these
issues, since there aren't many of us here with the combination of the
requisite skills and the time to work on any remaining problems.
Doing this work in the open community is a big win for everyone,
especially since it
will help seed a whole new group of documentation writers and editors
in the FDP.  As I told the RH folks, I suspect this is not nearly as
long or arduous a process as it sounds.  I also think we'll find not
only a lot of common problems already solved, but ways to improve both
our toolchain and Publican as we go.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance as we explore this opportunity together."

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-March/msg00031.html

(Section 6)
== Artwork ==

In this section, we cover Fedora Artwork Project.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork

Contributing Writer: NicuBuculei

=== The Fedora logo in Black and White ===

The Fedora logo, the Infinity Bubble uses 3 colors: a dark blue, a
light blue and white, which makes it impractical for black and white
use (required for example to keep the printing costs very low), so
MairinDuffy steps in[1] and updates the Logo Usage Guidelines[2] for
this case: "In this scenario, the logotype must be used alone without
the logo mark, in a light color type on a dark background or in a dark
color type on a light background."

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-March/msg00004.html

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

=== Continual theme development ===

The theme development for Fedora 9 continues, with a new time
extension[1] and more development[2] on the Sulfuric Waves[3] theme.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-March/msg00017.html

[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-March/msg00011.html

[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Waves

(Section 7)
== Security Week ==

In this section, we highlight the security stories from the week in Fedora.

Contributing Writer: JoshBressers

=== Improve security with polyinstantiation ===

There is a really good article about using directory polyinstantiation in PAM:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-polyinstantiation/?ca=dgr-lnxw02LinuxPAMSecurity&S_TACT=105AGX59&S_CMP

I hope to see this used by default in an upcoming Fedora release.  All
the bits are there, someone just needs to put them together.  The
basics are that each user gets their own personal /tmp for example.
This then (mostly) eliminates things like insecure temp file usage
flaws.

=== Evolution or Intelligent Design? ===

A quite serious Evolution critical issue was released last week:

http://secunia.com/advisories/29057/

This issue would allow an attacker to inject arbitrary code into your
evolution process if you view the malformed message.  There's not
really a good way to protect against this, as the very nature of email
is to view the messages you receive.  Many people got very little
sleep in order to release a timely update for this one.

A big thanks should go out to Secunia for giving everyone a heads up
about this.  If you're running Evolution and you've not updated yet,
you should do so.

(Section 8)
== Security Advisories ==

In this section, we cover Security Advisories from fedora-package-announce.

Contributing Writer: ThomasChung

=== Fedora 8 Security Advisories ===

 * phpMyAdmin-2.11.5-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00069.html
 * ghostscript-8.61-8.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00085.html
 * synce-sync-engine-0.11-6.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00129.html
 * librapi-0.11-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00130.html
 * vdccm-0.10.1-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00131.html
 * synce-kpm-0.11-3.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00132.html
 * wbxml2-0.9.2-12.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00133.html
 * synce-serial-0.11-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00134.html
 * librra-0.11-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00135.html
 * pywbxml-0.1-2.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00136.html
 * odccm-0.11-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00137.html
 * synce-gnomevfs-0.11-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00138.html
 * synce-gnome-0.11-2.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00139.html
 * libsynce-0.11-2.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00140.html
 * nx-3.1.0-25.1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00154.html
 * libtirpc-0.1.7-15.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00173.html
 * lighttpd-1.4.18-6.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00180.html
 * mediawiki-1.10.4-38.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00189.html
 * evolution-2.12.3-3.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00195.html
 * kronolith-2.1.7-1.fc8  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00243.html

=== Fedora 7 Security Advisories ===

 * phpMyAdmin-2.11.5-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00100.html
 * mediawiki-1.10.4-38.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00147.html
 * lighttpd-1.4.18-3.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00162.html
 * kronolith-2.1.7-1.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00176.html
 * pcre-7.3-3.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00181.html
 * evolution-2.10.3-8.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00190.html
 * ghostscript-8.15.4-4.fc7  -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2008-March/msg00207.html

[[Anchor(EventsMeetings)]]
== Events and Meetings ==

In this section, we cover event reports and meeting summaries from
various Projects and SIGs.

Contributing Writer: ThomasChung

=== Fedora Board Meeting Minutes 2008-03-04 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-03-04

=== Fedora Community Architecture Meeting 2008-03-03 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityArchitecture/Meetings/2008-03-03

=== Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee Meeting (Log) 2008-03-07 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/2008-03-07

=== Fedora Marketing Meeting 2008-03-06 ===

 * http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00025.html

=== Fedora Documentation Steering Committee Meeting 2008-03-05 ===

 * http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-March/msg00038.html

=== Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Meeting 2008-03-06 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20080306

=== Fedora Infrastructure Meeting (Log) 2008-03-06 ===

 * https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2008-March/msg00048.html

=== Fedora Release Engineering Meeting 2008-03-03 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-mar-03

=== Fedora Quality Assurance Meeting 2008-03-05 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20080305

=== Fedora Bug Zappers Meeting 2008-03-05 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Meetings/Agenda-2008-Mar-05

=== Fedora SIG EPEL Report Week 10/2008  ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Reports/Week10

=== Fedora SIG KDE Meeting 2008-03-04 ===

 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2008-03-04

--
Thomas Chung