Fedora Board, FESCo & FAmSCo Elections - Voting Information

Nigel Jones nigjones at redhat.com
Sat Dec 5 00:19:42 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

The elections for the Fedora Board, Fedora Engineering Steering
Committee (FESCo) and the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee have been
created and are due to start at 0000 UTC on 5th December 2009 and are
scheduled to run until 2359 UTC on 15th December 2009.

All groups have chosen to use the Range Voting method
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Range_voting).

Ballots may be cast on the Fedora Elections System at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting. If this is the first time you've
used the voting system, please refer to the Fedora Elections Guide,
currently located at http://nigelj.fedorapeople.org/feg/.

**** Please Note ****
There will be a Fedora Infrastructure outage during the voting period that
may effect the voting application, as a result we have brought the voting
start date forward to the 5th December instead of the 8th December.

As announced by Paul Frields in the event of extended outage, we will as
appropriate extend the voting period.

We have also implemented a new feature in our voting software, so users
can verify their votes. Vote verification can be done at:
 https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/verify
You will be prompted for your Fedora Account System username and password
and a list of elections where votes have been recorded will be listed.

For more information please refer to:

Fedora Infrastructure Outage Information:
 * https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-December/msg00000.html
 * https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1845

Contingency plans in case of extended outage:
 * https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-December/msg00014.html
*********************

Fedora Board Election:
----------------------
This election, the Fedora Board is electing two candidates and will
appoint another two members.

Vacating the seats on the board this election are elected representatives
Matt Domsch & Bill Nottingham, and appointed representatives Christoher
Aillon and Dimitris Glezos (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/History).

The candidates for this election, in alphabetical order are:

 Chris Tyler (ctyler)
 Colin Walters (walters)
 Matt Domsch (mdomsch)
 Steven M. Parrish (SMParrish)

To vote, you must have a signed Contributor License Agreement (CLA).

Vote Here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/boardf13

Town Hall Logs:
 * http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-townhall/2009-12-01/fedora-board-town-hall-2009-12-01.2009-12-01-03.00.log.html
 * http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-townhall/2009-12-02/fedora-townhall.2009-12-02-15.01.log.html

Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Election:
For this election, FESCo will be electing four candidates to sit on the
committee.

Vacating the seats on FESCo this election are Jon Stanley, Dan Horák,
Jarod Wilson, and David Woodhouse.

The candidates for this election, in alphabetical order are:

 Adam Jackson (ajax)
 Christoph Wickert (cwickert)
 Justin M. Forbes (jforbes)
 Matthew Garrett (mjg59)
 Peter Jones (pjones)
 Richard June (rjune)
 Robert Scheck (rsc)

To vote, you must have a signed Contributor License Agreement (CLA) and
be a member of another Fedora group.

Vote Here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/fescof13

Town Hall Logs:
 * http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-townhall/2009-12-01/fesco-town-hall-2009-12-01.2009-12-01-22.00.log.html
 * http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-townhall/2009-12-03/fesco-town-hall-2009-12-03.2009-12-03-18.07.log.html

Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee Election:
This election FAmSCo will be electing all 7 seats on the committee.

These seats were previously held by Max Spevack, Joerg Simon, Francesco Ugolini, Thomas Canniot,
Rodrigo Padula, David Nalley and Susmit Shannigrahi.

The candidates for this election, in no particular order are:
 David Nalley
 Jean-Francois Saucier
 Joerg Simon
 Luca Foppiano
 Maria Gracia Leandro
 Max Spevack
 Robert Scheck
 Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
 Sandro Mathys
 Scott Seiersen
 Shakthi Kannan
 Susmit Shannigrahi

To vote, you must be a member of the ambassadors group in the Fedora
Account System.

Vote Here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/famscof13

Townhall Log:
 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings:Town_Hall_FAmSCo_2009-11-28_1800
 * http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-townhall/2009-11-30/famsco-townhall.2009-11-30-17.58.log.html

***
I'd also like to point out the following from Paul Frields' announcement
for the June 2008 Board Election:

"I'd like everyone voting to remember that this isn't a popularity
contest, or a reward system. Think about how you'd like to Board to look
when you vote, the same way you think about how you'd like any
government body to look when you cast votes for their elections. We have
a lot of worthy candidates on this list, and you should pick the ones
that you feel will best represent you in advancing the Fedora Project.

This is one of numerous ways in which our community makes decisions
about the leadership of Fedora.  Your vote counts, and I hope you take
advantage of it."
***

This advice is still valid, not just for the Fedora Board election but
for all three elections.

Thanks also go to John Rose and other volunteers who have helped with
organising and running Town Hall meetings for these elections.

Regards,

Nigel Jones
Fedora Election Admin