Migration of the Fedora Mailing Lists

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 00:00:36 UTC 2009

Over the last several years,  there has been some contention over why
our mailing lists are @redhat.com instead of @fedoraproject.org, and
there are also some concerns over the process of requesting new lists
and so on.  As a result, we (myself and Dennis Gilmore) are beginning
an effort to migrate fedora-*@redhat.com to lists.fedoraproject.org.

WHAT BENEFIT DOES THIS HAVE FOR FEDORA?
responsive to the community for questions or issues with the lists. It
also give us our own identity for the lists, separate from Red Hat.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO ME?
order to migrate. We'll start with small lists, and gradually work our
way up to larger ones.

Subscriber lists will be copied from the Red Hat mailman instance to
the Fedora one. Mail filters will need to be changed in order to
accommodate the new List-ID headers from this new instance of mailman.
 Archives will reamin posted at the redhat.com mailman instance.

WHAT NOTICE WILL BE PROVIDED?