Final Board appointment, and IRC meeting

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 07:13:33 UTC 2009

I'm very pleased to announce that Josh Boyer has been selected to fill
the final seat on the Fedora Project Board.  Josh is well known around
the Fedora community for his work with release engineering and many
other development-oriented groups, as well as his past work with FESCo
and as a maintainer of Fedora on PPC architecture.  I hope the
community will join me in welcoming him to the Board where we hope he
can help achieve some of the goals put forward during the town hall
meetings earlier this month.

As a reminder, the final appointment is made by the FPL in part to
balance the Board's composition, but mainly to ensure the best
possible Board representation.  In this particular case, Josh narrowly
missed election by a few votes, but his appointment owes only to his
leadership in the community and the way he represents himself reguarly
in the Project.

The new Board will meet for the first time later this week, on
Thursday, July 2, 2009, at an IRC public meeting.  I speak for the
whole Board when I say that we look forward to serving the community
and that your input is always welcome.  Please feel free to join the
fedora-advisory-board mailing list to start a discussion if needed, or
you may email us.