Resignation of Josh Boyer from FESCo

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 01:41:40 UTC 2009

It is with great regret that I announce the resignation of Josh Boyer
from the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo).  Josh has been
an incredibly valuable member of FESCo during the time that he has
served.

It's important to note that the reason for this resignation is that
Josh believes that community leaders should be actively leading in the
community. With his other commitments, Josh simply could not make the
time for both FESCo and maintaining a leadership role within the
community. This is not the fault of Josh, FESCo in general, or any
member of FESCo in particular. Instead, it represents that Josh is
upholding the values that we hold dear in Fedora - openness, honesty,
transparency, and meritocracy.

Josh will be focusing on the QA of updates to stable Fedora releases,
where he will need all the help that he can get. Please reach out to
Josh and offer whatever help you can provide him in this effort.

Replacing Josh on FESCo, per the succession policy[1], will be David
Woodhouse, as he was the next highest runner-up in the recent
elections[2]. Please join me in wishing Josh the best, and welcoming
David back to FESCo.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FESCo_election_policy
[2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-June/msg00015.html