Announcing Fedora-Medical SIG.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:30:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

The header has already told you what to expect. :)

It dates back to a lazy afternoon of July, when I had my occasional
"spark of enthusiasm" for doing something. So I started a conversation
in Fedora India mailing list[1]. It was decided that such a thing
would be helpful.

More seriously, we do lack packaged applications and dedicated spins
in the area of healthcare. If someone wants to put in a FOSS based
solution into a hospital/clinic workflow, there is no elegant
solution. So if we can have a medical spin, that is going to be help.

The initial wiki page is here[2].

Simply put, the goal of the SIG is going to be:

1. Working on identifying the various workflows / needs of the medical
or healthcare community in terms of software.
2. Bring together and package the software those fitting in the workflow.
3. Composing a spin to get a out-of-the-box solution.
4. At a later stage, developing any crucial app that may be lacking.

To make it a success, we need volunteers. So please join, if you feel
that it is a worthy cause. Once a few more people are there, we can
discuss and take it forward.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-india/2009-July/msg00060.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/FedoraMedical