[fedora-arm] NetworkManager on f10

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Apr 30 08:44:09 UTC 2009

Hi -

I have been able to create packages now down on the iMX31 which is a bit
slow for larger packages but it's fine.  I'm starting to get my head
around not having the expected constraints and limitations of a "funny"
rootfs with uclibc and so on and it's quite exciting.  At 532MHz and
with DDR SDRAM it doesn't hurt to have full bash and so on.

Soon I'll have to bring up a Marvell 8686-based WLAN device over SDIO,
consistent with this new feeling of freedom down on the device I was
looking at using a headless NetworkManager to control that and also deal
with Ethernet over USB gadget when that is active.  But at the moment,
in the Koji f10 repo, NetworkManager is not built.

I remembered Lennert has a Koji for Arm stuff I read so I went and
looked at the status

http://fedora-arm.wantstofly.org/koji/getfile?taskID=13360&name=root.log

It seems that it found an old wpa_supplicant that time, but there is a
rebuilt wpa_supplicant now that uses libcrypto.so.7 from f10 openssl.

So I guess this will get retried at some point and can succeed?  It
seems that you guys must be quite close to a full package set currently.

Ntp also has some funny selinux-related issue its seems

http://fedora-arm.wantstofly.org/koji/getfile?taskID=23501&name=root.log

What's the general status of rebuilding these?

-Andy