[fedora-arm] SELinux on F11 on ARM (in QEMU)?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 16:31:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 21:54 -0700, Per Nystrom wrote:
> But now I get a whole lot of messages like below during boot and then it
> comes up in maintenance mode.  From within maintenance mode I can do
> this:
>
> (Repair filesystem) 1 # sestatus
> SELinux status:                 enabled
> SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
> Current mode:                   permissive
> Mode from config file:          permissive
> Policy version:                 24
> Policy from config file:        targeted

This is looking better. This means policy is loaded.

> But I have nothing in /dev/ except console, null, and zero so I can't
> actually fsck root.  Not that it really needs it -- when I reboot with
> selinux=0 it comes up normally and with a clean root filesystem.

I think your disk needs relabeling. You might need to do a

touch /.autorelabel

and then boot with selinux=permissive. You also might be able to just do

restorecon -i -r /

from the maintenance mode.

> So I can confirm that the patch doesn't break anything if selinux is
> disabled, but we're not quite there yet for selinux without initrd.

One other question, is this ext3 and it has ACL enabled, too?

CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y

-Steve