License for Community Contributed Art?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 22:21:39 UTC 2006

Hi Greg,

Currently all Bluecurve theme art contained in Fedora is under the GPL.
  This however might not be the best license for art contributions to
Fedora.  Karsten Wade suggested maybe the OPL that we use for Fedora
Documentation would be good for Fedora Art.  Tango Project is using CC
attribution share-alike license.

Could you please talk to legal and figure out the best license for
Fedora Art contributions?

And do we want Bluecurve to remain under the GPL?  Some art contributors
were interested in submitting new icons in the Bluecurve theme, so we
need to think about how we handle this as we grow the art community.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com