CD Artwork

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Apr 4 18:02:37 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 10:14, dwnichols at charter.net wrote:
> Hello Everyone-
>
> I just browsed through the wiki and could not find any references to
> downloadable artwork for CD labels.  Did I miss them or are you looking for
> someone to create them?

Such artwork is forthcoming, but not yet available.

> The Distribution page of the wiki says "There is no standard regarding the
> preparation of media or packaging."  Is this in the works as well?  I know
> this is probably a question for the people in Marketing, but the
> individuals who are generating the artwork should have knowledge of, and a
> say in, any standard that affects artwork.

We are not expecting to standardize these.  Artwork may eventually be created
for some types of packaging, but no requirements are anticipated, except for
those made by the Trademark Guidelines.  We do want to give distributors as
much flexibility as possible to use different types of media and packaging
and to prepare and decorate that packaging in a suitable manner.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/