Official Fedora CD/DVD Art?

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Sun Apr 9 22:26:50 UTC 2006

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
> The CDArt page contains community submissions.  They have not been deemed
> official by anyone.  There are actually quite a few different ideas floating
> around that have been created due to the "official" artwork not being
> available.  I think a goal of the Artwork team should be the collection of
> the different ideas and nomination of a select few to be the official piece.
> Those nominees could then be opened for review and voted upon.

 From an earlier thread about this on fedora-art-list:

'The Distribution page of the wiki says "There is no standard regarding the
preparation of media or packaging." '

Can we actually have 'official' CD art then? Or just 'official' suggestions??

Also, I recommend not having a open vote.... I've been burned by this in the
past - it's a pain to control for cheating (which unfortunately happens), and in
the end, 'design by open committee' tends to be a lot lower quality than 'design
by a knowledgable few'

I think a Fedora brand book is being worked on? Something like that would make
this sort of thing easier...