Official Fedora CD/DVD Art?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 10 05:46:50 UTC 2006

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
> On Sunday 09 April 2006 17:26, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, I recommend not having a open vote.... I've been burned by this in
>> the past - it's a pain to control for cheating (which unfortunately
>> happens), and in the end, 'design by open committee' tends to be a lot
>> lower quality than 'design by a knowledgable few'

Being involved in some community votes for graphics in various projects,
I agree with this: open vote is not a good idea.
IMO, cheating is not the main problem, the problem is voters usually
does not have the knowledge to make a good choice.

> We can discuss how wide we want to open the process.  We will need to have a
> reasonable scope to cover all interests.  In addition to the Artwork team, we
> should at least include the Distribution team and a small selection from the
> Marketing team.  Having the Artwork team select the nominees will make the
> vote a lot less painful, but closing the vote to just the Artwork team may
> leave us with a selection that nobody wants to use.

It is a good solution.

The opposite could be also used: the Artwork team select a few and from
those public vote select one.

But I still think this can be decide just inside the Artwork team.

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/