Future of Bluecurve & Partial Bluecurve Guidelines Available (was Re: bluecurve)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 10 08:32:03 UTC 2006

David Zeuthen wrote:

> It's interesting to see what the Ubuntu crowd is doing here
>
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperUbuntuIcons
>
> including the ten priority levels... Anyway, I bet that if you replaced,
> say, the 50 (just to pick a number) "most important" or "most visible"
> [1] icons with Fedora specific ones, I bet you can still maintain our
> own look and/or brand while reaping all the benefits of the Tango
> project. Definitely something to consider I'd say.

This is worth considering, the Tango guys are very persuasive and work
with a lot of upstream projects for "tangoification", for example they
develop the so-called "ArtLibreSet" (a subset of Tango) which is at
various points of adoption in Gimp, Scribus and Inkscape.

This strategy would impose a constraint: those replacement 50 icons
should have the style (palette, perspective, shadows, light, size) very
close to the original set (Tango), so there will not be very much space
for modifications (the same style so the entire desktop remain
consistent and differences between icons from various levels* are not
easily noticeable).

*levels as defined by Ubuntu in the link above

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/