Future of Bluecurve & Partial Bluecurve Guidelines Available (was Re: bluecurve)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Sun Apr 9 08:50:12 UTC 2006

Matthew Swasey wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>
>> What kind of updating / revamping do you have in mind?
>
> Nothing radical, like has already been mentioned, get some of the
> original icons in SVG format.  Then start adding some more icons to the
> set, in order to make a more complete set.

- replace a few of the most visible icons with an improved version;
perhaps the most bang-for-the-buck can be obtained by changing the
folder icon*;
- currently the large majority of icons have no shadows. add shadows in
a consistent way (the same kind of shadows to all elements);
- make the lighting consistent across the entire icon set;
- add more icons - perhaps the best strategy is to go per application
basis: for example set Firefox as a first target, do the entire icon
set, go to the next application.

* I am not very satisfied by it, but here is a possible approach:
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/f_icons/folder_nicu.svg - it still a folder,
looks pretty much like Bluecurve but is different.

--
nicu