upload large files in the Wiki

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Mon Apr 17 17:49:15 UTC 2006

On Monday 17 April 2006 12:29, "Thomas Chung" <tchung at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:
> On 4/17/06, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> > Recently I polished some floating heads for Planet Fedora and I
> > privately got asked about tome tips on the subject, so I wrote this:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NicuBuculei/Hackerogotchi
> >
> > It seems my short tutorial was not clear enough, I was asked for a more
> > detailed description, so I made a screencast. Which leads me to the
> > subject of this question:
> >
> > What is considered acceptable use for uploading files on the Wiki? How
> > about a 13 MB video file in OGG Theora format? Also, how about hot
> > linking? Is it forbidden or tolerated?
>
> I would say it's acceptable. I've uploaded about the same size of ogg
> theora for Marketing/Ambassadors Project in the past.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tours/FedoraCore5

Indeed.  A 13 MiB file would be fine, as long as it is relevant.  If you end
up needing to upload larger files or a larger number of files at this size,
get in touch with the Websites team to make alternative arrangements.  You
are also free to host it elsewhere and link to it.  Linking is permitted as
long as it doesn't violate our Forbidden Items policies.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/