New Icon Set...[echo]...

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Thu Aug 3 22:46:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback and interest in the new icon set.  I've
recently updated the wiki [1] with .svgs and .pngs for those that are
interested.  The original aim was to create some really fast and test
them out in FC6test2 but the 75 I did was not enough to provide adequate
coverage and was therefore not included.

Nevertheless, I am hopeful and am aiming to have a decent amount of
coverage in the fc6 timeframe.  For those that would like to check out
the icons and obtain the files, I've posted a .tar.gz of them as well
[2].  Unfortunately, even in that state, it's 30M...crazy, I know.
Maybe someone with .svg skills can help slim down the files.  I've also
put a .tar.gz of only the .pngs [3], which is much smaller so you don't
need to download the whole thing if you're just interested in the actual
icons.  I'm currently naming it "echo"...in the spirit of tango and
foxtrot...but we'll see how that goes legally and whatnot.  =)

I know there are quite a few people on this list that are very talented
who I hope will be able to help build on this.  There's currently no
procedure to this...just make, submit/post...might come up with
something once we get a few submissions.  OOO! Just saw a couple in my
inbox from Mola...awesome! =D

Will also be setting up a simple page with some guidelines soon but if
you base it off the existing ones posted, it should be good. =)  The
isometric grid can be found at [4].  There's definitely lots to do and
not all has to be making new icons, help is also needed on creating
simplified versions of the icons to look good in the 16x16 size and
whatnot.  Do let me know if you'd like to help but don't know where to
start.

A couple of quick guides now...
1. The icons listed in the Actions section should be pretty much
"head-on" or "on table view".
2. All 16x16 icons should also be "head-on"/"on table view" with no
shadow...it get's messy at that size.

Thanks,
Diana

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/BluecurveAndBeyond/Gallery