New Icon Set...[echo]...

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Sun Aug 6 09:35:36 UTC 2006

I can only second David's judgement which completely agrees with my previous
comments on the new icon theme, e.g. here:

    http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2006-June/msg00029.html

where I have been e.g. particularly critical about the missing outlines. A
photorealistic icon theme simply doesn't work at the fairly small standard
icon sizes used in "GNOME". When you are on "OS X", this is quite different
as most icons are way bigger (panel!).
People ranted about "Bluecurve" for being cartoonish, but as a matter of
fact, "Tango" is cartoonish too (!), and that is exactly why its icons are
so ergonomic and well recognizable at the icons sizes we are concerned with.
You only have to look at the new Fedora "System Monitor" icon adopted from
the "Tango" theme which is cleaner than its stock "GNOME" precursor which
appeared rather blurred.
Btw, can anybody take care of the new "grave cross" used in "Add" buttons?
... This is really too much, hehe ;)