Names for icons that are not on the Tango list...

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 20:02:55 UTC 2006

Diana Fong wrote:
> I created a couple of icons that were not on the Tango list...and so
> made up my own names accordingly.  Examples include:
> drive-harddisk-usb/firewire, drive-removable-usb/firewire,
> format-justify-last-left, format-justify-last-right...etc.  Hopefully
> they're ok.
> Is there a more comprehensive list somewhere that I haven't found or
> could these extra names be submitted somewhere to Tango to help maintain
> consistency.  I saw this link with the "Icon Naming Specifications" [1]
> which is not equal to the "Icon Metaphors" list [2].

I bet you could talk to dobey about the process for submitting new icon
names to the spec. He's usually dobey in #tango on freenode.

> Lastly...I've made battery icons for PowerManager but the naming scheme
> is nowhere to be found on Tango.  I was pointed to [3] but the names
> seems different to what might fit in the Tango naming scheme.

Not knowing who pointed you there - I would suggest bringing this up
with dobey as well. My assumption is that the names would be something
like status-power-(string from the gpc icons). So for example:

status-power-primary-060-charging
status-power-suspend (altho this icon begs me to ask, if your machine
was suspended how would you ever be able to see this icon? ;) )