vectorize bitmaps

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Aug 9 14:52:26 UTC 2006

Diana Fong wrote:
> A question...The portion that I used was the upper right side with only
> a bit of the horizon...as shown in my png version of the icon.  Is it a
> lot of work for you to reconvert a cropped version that I send you or
> should I just alter the vector version?  By using more sky and a bit of
> land, makes the picture a bit more interesting/dynamic...the whole
> picture is a bit more 50/50 and so has a more heavy and less appealing
> look...imo. =)

Yes, I noticed this too after the fact, but was not sure which portion
was used exactly, is *very easy* to redo it, how about this:
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/image-x-genericL_traced1.svg
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/image-x-genericL_traced1.png
(used Trace Bitmap in Inkscape, color, 20 scans and started from
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/landscape2.png - IMO the ground is a
little too dark)

Please note a problem with your SVG for that icon:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=image-x-genericL.svg
is NOT an SVG file, but a PNG with the SVG extension, so I had to edit
some other icon to get the base SVG (in this case I used audio-x-generic)

--
nicu