Preview of new scaled down icons (was Re: New Icon Set...[echo]...)

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 14:29:08 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Diana Fong wrote:
>> I think the jist of your original message(s) was whether there should
>> be multiple vector versions per icon...and my response was/is yes.  I
>> was saying at least 2...but doesn't preclude an icon from having 3,
>> 4, 5...etc.  Or as you are suggesting now, at least 3.  As a matter
>> of fact, I've just uploaded a few by MikeLanglie which has 3 svgs
>> because the line weight, gradient, and shape was simplified/changed.
>
> Mike's icons that you just uploaded have a straight-on perspective for
> the 24x24 versions. So are we going with straight-on for 24x24 then?
>
> ~m

The ones I had uploaded were...dialog-cancel/close/ok...of the "Action
Icons" category.  All Action Icons should be of  a straight on
perspective.  This does not mean that all 24x24 are going with the
straight on perspective.

I still believe that the perspective view still holds pretty well at 24x24.

I have also uploaded his...dialog-error/question/warning icons as well
(in the Status Icons category)...which has perspective 24x24 versions
and think they came out pretty well.

Diana