Fedora-art-list Digest, Vol 5, Issue 24

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Sat Aug 12 09:08:34 UTC 2006

> Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:52:43 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>
> Subject: Re: Completed set of small emotes
> To: "Discussions about the artwork included with Fedora, including
> 	icons,	themes, and wallpapers." <fedora-art-list at redhat.com>
>
> Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> > I completed the set of small emotes. I am not sure if it is a good idea
> > to put a GPL license. Anyway, take a look on
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment
>
> My two cents:
> Can you make the outlines stronger? And use a gradient for outlines,
> like in the other icons.
> For angel and devil consider making the details more
> evident/contrasting, I barely see the halo and the horns.
> The same for the crying icon: one single tear is enough as a metaphor,
> having so many they are small and invisible. So leave just one or two
> big tears.
> I understand blue is the defining color of the theme, but I feel a
> classic yellow would be better for this group of icons.
>
> As for GPL, I do not think the license for the theme was decided, last
> time we talked about it CC Attribution Share Alike was proposed, but
> there were objections about it being compatible with GPL.
>

> PS: some days ago I experimented a little myself with emotes, not liked
> enough my work and seeing you already started on this did not bothered
> to continue and trash-canned it:
> http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/echo/face_smile_big.svg
>
> --
> nicu
> Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
> Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
> my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

I just completed the whole set of emotes. As suggested, I added a
gradient on outlines and thicken them as well. Small size of emotes
didn't need much change except angel and devil. It also appears that
Diana Fong really appreciated them as she found them very expressive.

Luya Tshimbalanga
--
Fedora Project Contributor
http://www.fedoranews.org