Testing out the theme

Leon sdl.web at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 21:47:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:32:53 -0400, Diana Fong wrote:

> Hello again...
>
> I mentioned this over lunch today and J5 (John Palmieri) wrote a
> python script to pull all the files from the wiki.  (attached).  Yeay!
> The following are some technical details that he included if someone
> would like to take this on and modify it.  Like last time, I've got
> two .tar...one is just the PNGs [1] and the other is PNG+SVG (44.1M)
> [2].  The naming of the files are a bit different this time as it is
> pulled directly from the wiki. Leon, if you could do what you did last
> time, that would be great!
>
> Thanks,
> Diana
>
> [1] http://people.redhat.com/dfong/icons/echo48_0.11.tar.bz2
> [2] http://people.redhat.com/dfong/icons/echo_0.11.tar.bz2

I have created a script to build echo icon theme from a dir populated
by J5's script. And I found out some icons are different in .png and
.svg. For an incomplete list:

edit-copy
format-indent-less
format-indent-more
format-justify-center
format-justify-fill
format-justify-left
format-justify-right
utilities-terminal
font-x-generic
image-x-generic
text-x-generic-template
text-x-generic
x-office-document

Another issue is: the svg icons do not have consistent aspect and
dimension. For example: utilities-terminalL.svg is 443.79 x 166.59 as
in inkscape.

The script is attached. It will use echo_art under current dir as
source icon dir and Echo as destination dir. The index.theme is from
Tango Icon theme. Put it in Echo dir to make the theme usable.