Jiri's artwork

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 14:08:17 UTC 2006

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jiri posted some artwork to the list, got criticized for breaking
> threads and temporarily unsubscribed. Also, he is not very confident
> with his English language skills and somewhat reluctant to join the list
> again.

Jiri has a lot of talent and it is really ridiculous that he's been
discouraged because of mailing list conventions he most likely wasn't
aware of. Please, let's all try to be encouraging and friendly to any
contributing artists, okay? Artists are sometimes not as technical as
other folks and as such don't understand a lot of things technical folks
take for granted such as the complexities of technical mailing list
culture. The language barrier does not help either!

If anyone has any issues with this list, please feel free to bring them
up with me as I'm moderator. If anyone has concerns about someone's
potential 'violation' of email etiquette you can bring that to me as well.

> Here are a few of his recent creations: http://juiceoff.8m.com/

These are fabulous.

> I think he can use some encouragement from us and has potential to
> become a valuable contributor.

I agree!