FC7 Theme Round 1 is over, let's start round 2!

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Dec 8 04:15:02 UTC 2006

Hi Leo,

Leo wrote:
> On FRI, 8 DEC 2006, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
>> Okay, so round 1 is officially over. The list that Nicu so helpfully
>> compiled (thanks!!) is the official list of theme candidates for
>> FC7. I linked to all of them from the FC7 Theme page as well:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC7Themes
>
> Those are great pictures! Thanks everyone.
>
> One thing that confuses me for a long time is the fact that the art
> team is rather concentrated on creating those wallpaper-like
> pictures. I am not saying it is not important. They are critical
> elements of a consistent-looking theme.
> But what about the gtk2 and
> metacity themes,

I think for gtk2 we are probably going to stick with Clearlooks.
Clearlooks is getting some features that give it the glossiness Murrine
has, and it's also the GNOME upstream theming engine. Andy Fitzsimon put
together a Murrine theme that has very very nice Fedora colors, and I
think he's working on porting it to Clearlooks.

> and the icon theme? Particularly the icon theme, it
> is overdue for a change.

Well, I think there are some working on Echo. I'm not really involved in
that, though. I think I've mentioned before I like some of Andy
Fitzsimon's ideas around using Tango as an upstream and applying styles
to it [1].

~m

[1] http://live.gnome.org/AwesomeArtShit (towards the bottom of the page)