FC7 Theme Round 1 is over, let's start round 2!

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Dec 8 06:59:16 UTC 2006

Leo wrote:

> One thing that confuses me for a long time is the fact that the art
> team is rather concentrated on creating those wallpaper-like
> pictures. I am not saying it is not important. They are critical
> elements of a consistent-looking theme. But what about the gtk2 and
> metacity themes, and the icon theme? Particularly the icon theme, it
> is overdue for a change.

Wallpapers, gtk themes and icons are orthogonal. Development on one of
them does not affect directly the other. Also, different people can work
on each of them.

Working on gtk themes require knowledge of gtk and some programming
abilities, icons are a little scary because the work is huge (we need a
lot of them) so obviously people tend to concentrate on what seems
easier and with a lower barrier to entry: wallpaper-like images. I
believe we are not superhumans :p

--
nicu