FC7 Theme Round 1 is over, let's start round 2! (was Re: Round 1 Submission Deadline Extension)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Dec 8 14:56:27 UTC 2006

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>
>> I've also took a lot of the round 1 specific information out of the
>> page and added round 2 specific information. Basically, here's how I'm
>> hoping we can run round 2 as is written on the wiki page:
>
> You should also set a deadline for round 2.
> I guess we can allow one or even two months for this round. One month
> probably is not enough considering the vacancy around winter holidays,
> two months may be too long considering Fedora's development cycle.

Excellent point, Nicu. The schedule for FC7 (or whichever it will be
called ;-) ) isn't set yet [1] but we can be pretty certain it will be a
spring release. FC6 went out late October - if we add 6 months we get
late April. I think we should allow at *least* a month for round 3
(finalizing all the artwork for the various theme pieces).

I'm going to set Monday, February 12 as the due date for all theme
rendering / artwork improvements for round 2. That give us a little over
2 months, to account for the holidays, to get round 2 done. It also
gives us at least 1 month to break the theme out into the various pieces
(login, anaconda, grub, etc.) we need and to get it into a test release
and gives us some time to apply fixes/modifications before final release.

I'll add the due date to the FC 7 Theme page.

~m

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule