more natural colors

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Dec 11 01:10:55 UTC 2006

Mike Chalmers wrote:
> On 12/10/06, Gabriel Hurley <gabriel.hurley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> See http://people.redhat.com/dfong/theme/panels.html

Those mockups were made by 'Gentleman' and posted to gnome-look.org as
the 'Gentle Gnome' mockups [1]. The wallpaper in those mockups is made
by a very talented artist on Deviant Art who goes by '-kol' [2]. Neither
work has a whole lot to do with Fedora, unfortunately.

> That is nice and pleasant, but will Fedora's logos, etc. change to
> more natural colors. I think it would be great if they got very
> natural.

Fedora's logo will not change - it has been trademarked and already has
brand recognition. We can certainly try for theme artwork with a more
'natural' color palette, though. If you look at some of the mockups for
flying high with Fedora you'll see some examples of this, and Fedora
Borealis has some potential in that direction as well, the aurora being
a natural phenomenon (are you the person who posted a request for more
colors in the latest borealis mocks? I tried out the changes you
suggested, just haven't posted them yet. :) )

~m

[1] http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31128
[2] http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24425611/