No top posting (was: [FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2)

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 03:36:25 UTC 2006

There are huge threads of discussing about top posting in Fedora
community:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general/200832/focus=201098
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general/210209/focus=210255

We have come to the agreement on no top posting. I'd encourage people
follow these guidelines, particularly:

Quote from the MailingListGuidelines¹:

"Make sure we can tell what you are replying to. Place each part of
your reply after the text it addresses (i.e., NO Top-Posting, please -
see the [WikiPedia]Top posting wiki and links therein for more on
this). Most mail readers automatically put a '>' character in front of
each replied-to line. It gives a conversational flow to the text, and
people know what you're replying to. Trim irrelevant material. It
makes it easier to read your reply and helps the reader to stay on
subject."

Footnotes:
Leo