[FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Dec 13 07:37:48 UTC 2006

John Baer wrote:
> I posted a GRUB image for your consideration.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFlyingHighGrub
>
> My thoughts are this image should be simple and the background color
> should be black.

Sorry, but I think is excessively simple.

> The boot process starts with a black background, proceeds to GRUB, then
> starts RHGB with a black background.
>
> With a two second pause anything other than black (or other dark color)
> may be perceived as a flash.

Why not at GRUB switch to a Fedora blue background and never turn black
again until the desktop is completely loaded (after GDM login)? That
would require getting rid of the few text messages displayed between
GRUB and RHGB.

> As for the image itself anyone using a resolution greater than 640x480
> will see an image expanded to fill the available space. The result is a
> lost of clarity.
>
> I tested this submission on my system (19" monitor) which displays
> 1280x1024 and I am pleased with the result.

I doubt your GRUB screen  is shown in 1280x1024, I believe it is shown
in 640x480 but full screen (so it fit the 19" monitor)

--
nicu