Fedora Release Graphics Specs

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 17:28:21 UTC 2006

David Zeuthen wrote:
> It would be good to consider a GDM theme that work with a face browser
> [1] as fast-user-switching is on the radar for Fedora 7 including
> thoughts of a patch to enable face browsing by default if, and only if,
> there is less than say, five non-system users available.

That would be cool.

> Also, we should probably consider if enabling accessible login [2] has
> any implications for the artwork. I'd suspect that Insert+S might be
> used to bring up the screen reader for example. Perhaps that could be
> hinted in the artwork. Or maybe not. Something to consider.

Yeh I talked to Brian Cameron about this and our GDM themes in the past
have had quite a few accessibility issues in his opinion - I have an
idea of the stuff he suggested we need; I will have to sit down, write
it up, and run it by him.

> Also, for live CD I'm considering booting the live CD into gdm such that
>
>  o The user can choose his language and keyboard layout there
>    (right now only the language can be used)
>
>  o The user can enable Assistive Technologies such as
>
>    - screen reader (orca)
>    - magnifier
>    - on screen keyboard
>
>    by using what gdm calls "gestures"
>
> but am not entirely sure about this yet. Perhaps the live CD thus
> deserves it's own special login screen that users icons rather than text
> as we don't know the users language ahead of time. Thoughts?

Sounds like an interesting problem. You might be ok as long as the
language selection widget was really obvious with a really clear icon.

> As a closing point it might be interesting to consider GL Bling too, see
> e.g. some plans Ubuntu has
>
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FaceBrowserLogin

Pretty nice. The username/pass fields on the screen at the same time
wouldn't work though, right?