[FC7 theme proposal] Flying High with Fedora 7 - Round 2

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Dec 20 07:53:53 UTC 2006

David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 08:56 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>>
>> Question: do we want customized splash screens for such applications?
>
> I think we should avoid theming splash screens because

My opinion is the same, for ablout all the reasons you already said, but
asked mostly to produce an answer form someone with more weight than me.

>     a3) Thus, I can't go and create a davidz-artwork RPM package
>         and expect the splash screen I've made for e.g. OO.o to just
>         magically be used.

This is an exception, is an easy one: to change the OOo splash, just
drop a file in the right place, it wil overwrite the default.

> Hope this clarifies, otherwise just ask! Thanks!

I would add one more reason against: there are so many splash screens
that it would be a huge task to identify all of them. For example how
many people are aware about he splash screen in Wireshark?

--
nicu