Fedora 7 Art Plan (was Art Team FC7 Progress So Far - Community Feedback)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Dec 21 10:30:22 UTC 2006

Joachim Frieben wrote:
>>> The FlyingHigh theme [2] proposed by John Baer has the greatest
>>> potential and interest.  Time is short and there is still more
>>> exploration I would like to see within the theme so I'm declaring this
>>> the official theme for Fedora 7.
>> Under what authority?
>
> I'm a mere user only but I want to express my clear support for the "Borealis" theme proposal.

I think what we are talking about is not a specific theme but the
*process* of selecting the theme and the *authority* governing the process.

> Maybe there should be a poll or similar.

There is a kind of poll: the voters are the contributors to the project
and the voting method is contributing in some way to a proposal or another.

> And please do not respond by bullying me to contribute make "FlyingHigh" an "even better" theme.

Nope, if you like "Borealis", contribute to make *it* a better theme :p

> Even a mere user has the right to make a statement only which is a legitimate way of contributing, too.

Sure, constructive feedback and meaningful comments are valid contributions.

--
nicu