Who is Our Target Audience

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Dec 27 07:18:57 UTC 2006

John Baer wrote:

> I've been working under an assumption as to who our target audience is
> but in the world of project management every assumption should be stated
> so that it can be agreed to.

Before defining "our audience", let define who is "us". The entire
Fedora project or the Art sub-project?
Are we talking about the current audience or about the desired audience?
I think the desired audience may not be the same as the current one and
the shiny surface ("Art") is one of the means to change this.

> In my mind the target audience for Fedora is an individual who's life
> style would include the Internet, mobile music player, multi media, and
> a cell phone.

The general impression among independent observers seems to be that
Fedora is geared more toward developers, less to users.
 From the inside, one can see great efforts to change this.

--
nicu