how decisions are made in fedora art

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 20:43:17 UTC 2006

* Max Spevack (2006-12-21 14:50 -0500) said:
  ^^^^^^^^^^^
> === Overall Fedora Art leadership ===
>
> The conversations around the Fedora 7 theme are just one part of what
> the Art team's larger goals are (as discussed way above).
>
> Overall leadership of the Fedora Art project is needed.

Very happy to hear this. I had a similar thought on 17 Oct¹.

[...]

> And in the case of Fedora Art specifically, I think the job will also
> require some peacemaking, and trying to get everyone to give things a
> fresh start, a blank canvas, pick your cliche.
>
> Who wants to do that job?  As a community, who do you nominate for
> this position?

I think the art work can be divided into two parts:

  o  Distribution wise
     (everything before user login)
     Grub, gdm, wallpaper, rhgb, anaconda etc
     This is where the community mainly focuses.

     Maureen Duffy, Nicu Buculei

  o  Desktop wise
     Window manager (metacity, kwin), toolkit(gtk2, qt), icons etc.

     Dianna Fong
     (as the new icon theme initiator and main contributor)

Footnotes:
¹  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork/360/focus=364