The Icon Question

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Fri Jul 14 21:08:09 UTC 2006

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.  Result from the
"Isometric vs 2pt poll" [1] was a close one...with the Isometric version
leading by a small margin.  For various reasons, the Isometric view will
be used.  A .svg copy of the Isometric grid can be found here [2].

I've also set up a gallery [3], where you can track the icon progress
and contribute!  Once again, the naming scheme, metaphor and
descriptions are adopted from the Tango Project [4].  The Small version
is for icons that are 16x16 or 24x24 that need simplified versions.  The
Small version is also at a "head-on" perspective.  The Large version is
for all other sizes, and probably most 24x24.  We'll have to see how it
looks.

Posted on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/BluecurveAndBeyond are
also some Icons I created this past week/weekend.

Diana

[1] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=113856
[2]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/BluecurveAndBeyond?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=isometric_grid.svg