Fedora Core 6 Theme Update

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 14 22:14:48 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hey Everybody,
>
> So some of you may have seen the quite famous by now :) Gentle Gnome
> GTK/metacity mockups that Bert Bruggeman created [1].
>
> How does everybody feel about the possibility of using a look like this
> as the default theme for FC 6? Arthurva Gore has put together a pixmap
> GTK theme that matches Bert's mockups pretty closely, and there are a
> lot of Clearlooks metacity themes that work well with the theme.

I like the window border but I am not a fan of metallic grey menus with
distinctive block edges. I find it reminiscent of the old drab GNOME 1.x
themes. This theme is very distinctive unlike the usual blue which means
that people would actually notice it and would like to have strong
opinions about it on either directions.

I also think that the "bubble" them and the uniformity of it across
everything in FC5 was pretty nice though we could improve that in say
window border where it makes sense.

How about we refresh the look and feel (grub splash, rhgb, gdm,
background, openoffice.org template, window spaces) for every release
that evolves around a different entity like a bubble each time. We can
be more evolutionary with the window manager theme and icons though
having a distinctive and bold look is representative of Fedora IMO.

Rahul