Odd-sized wallpaper

Wart wart at kobold.org
Sat Jul 15 15:42:06 UTC 2006

Cam wrote:
> Is it possible to have a default available for different aspect ratio
> screens? In the past I have noticed the default 4:3 scaled into a
> widescreen display, it looks a bit strange.

I would second this suggestion, but would like to see it taken even
further.  Multi-head displays are becoming more common these days, but
most wallpaper isn't designed to look very good when spread across
multiple displays.  Mostly this is due to the aspect ratio, but also
because the wallpapers don't look very interesting when tiled across
multiple displays.

I'd like to see at least a minimal set of wallpapers for additional
resolutions/aspect ratios, like widescreen, 3200x1200, 6400x1200, and
various combinations of multi-head widescreen displays.

--Mike