how to change the RHGB?

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 15:08:20 UTC 2006

Marco & Andy,

Andy Shellam wrote:
> Yes I know it is awkward.  It would be so much easier if Fedora used the
> bootsplash package like a lot of other distros such as SuSE, but for now
> that's all we're able to customise without delving into the code :(

Hey, if you'd like to change the colors there, feel free to put some
mockups up on the wiki (or mail to the list) including the color codes
and I'm sure someone will be able to work out a tutorial on how to
implement it. Don't feel as if you can't submit a cool design just
because you're not sure how to implement it - mockups are perfectly
sufficient.

I think it'd be cool to start a Fedora art customization community on
deviant art so that we can all share our mockups and network with people
who can implement them and submit them to sites like art.gnome.org and
have them available on the Fedoraproject wiki.

btw I'd love to see any screenshots of your custom rhgb screens btw :)
Wondering how you've got it looking! ;-)