New GDM Theme (was Re: Any theme planned for FC 6)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Jul 24 00:30:04 UTC 2006

Hi David,

David Nielsen wrote:
>> http://www.deviantart.com/view/36700985/
>
> I like the fact that the second one has the required interaction menus
> for disconnection and such

Actually they are in it if you download it and install it. I don't have
Xnest setup on this machine so I just took a screenshot using the gdm
theme tester. The menu was positioned too low on the screen in the first
theme to appear in the screenshot (cut off by the panel).

, however it lacks our snazzy new logo and
> feels a bit flat. A combination of the two might be nice, drop the
> bubbles and keep the subtle traced logo.

OK I'll keep that in mind. :) Also anybody can feel free to play around
with what I did so far - that's why I made it available. :)

> I'm assuming that the "fedora" is the system name, after all this is MY
> system, not Fedoras system - it just happens to run Fedora.

No, the Fedora in the theme is the Fedora logotype. It's not a free font
and we can't distribute it so it wouldn't really be possible to have
peoples' system names in that font.

> Both however are improvements over the one we have now. Good work

Cool, thanks for the feedback. :)