[Fwd: [Tango-artists] Re: Tango icons licensing]

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Jul 27 14:24:31 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> FYI, thought this was interesting.

May I ask which license is recommended by FSF for artwork? Or which
licenses for artwork are compatible with the GPL?

We have heard from a long time from CreativeCommons supporters that GPL
is not a good license for artwork, being by design a license for code
not for art (and this sound reasonable, we can't really talk about the
source code of a PNG or OGG).

--
nicu